OIA Athletic Foundation Grant Application and Guidelines
About Oahu Interscholastic Association Athletic Foundation (OIAAF)
Oahu Interscholastic Association Athletic Foundation, a 501 (c) 3, was incorporated in 2004 to support and foster interest in the athletic programs of the Oahu Interscholastic Association High Schools. The OIAAF is committed to supporting the Oahu Interscholastic Association by enhancing positive athletic experiences as part of the education process to develop student athletes in becoming productive citizens, scholars and leaders. Funds are made available to various programs through generous community support to the OIAAF.
Schools belonging to the OIA are eligible to apply for this grant. The OIAAF is funding programs or activities that will benefit the OIA athletic experience. Examples include any program or activity that:
- Supports innovative strategies to strengthen the educational experience of high school athletes.
- Promotes greater student accessibility to Oahu Interscholastic Association athletic programs.
- Garners community support for Oahu Interscholastic Association athletics
- Advocates for improvement initiatives to encourage exemplary athletic programs at all Oahu Interscholastic Association schools
All grant applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and grants will be awarded taking into consideration, but not limited to, the following:
- Program Need: Is the program or activity able to provide an unfulfilled need for OIA Athletics or student athletes? How are health, safety, or security concerns addressed?
- Program Goals: Does the program or activity have clearly defined goals, action plans, and measurable outcomes?
- Resource ManagementWill the grant be used efficiently? How much of the grant will be used for direct program or activity needs rather than overhead costs? An example of what direct program or activity needs vs. overhead costs would be good here.
Items that would generally be considered beyond the scope of this grant would be the following:
- Endowment campaigns might be helpful to include a definition of endowment campaign
- Salaries for staff and professionals
- General overhead and operating costs such as rent, travel expenses, equipment maintenance, and administrative expenses
Grant Application Procedures
Download the application (Word document).
All grant applications must be received by Monday, January 31, 2011. No late applications will be accepted.
Please mail to the following:
OIA Athletic Foundation
c/o Radford High School
4361 Salt Lake Boulevard
Honolulu HI 96818
- Grant Summary sheet
- Program/Activity Description and Objectives
- Program/Activity Budget
If any of the above items are not received, your application will be considered incomplete and review of the application may be delayed or denied.
A letter acknowledging receipt of your application will be sent. If you do not hear from us within 15 days of submitting your application, please contact us at (808) 421-4394.
Grant award notifications will happen through written correspondence and announced at the OIAAF Recognition Dinner on Thursday, March 31, 2011.